The golfing world is changing all around us. To grow and prosper over the next five years and beyond, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that shape the future of the sport and country club lifestyle and be prepared for what’s to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. That’s what our 2021 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for West Orange Country Club.
Our mission must be enduring. It declares our purpose and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- To provide a quality recreational experience for WOCC families…
- To inspire optimism and happiness…
- To create value and make a difference.
Our vision serves as a framework and guides our business decision-making by describing what we need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable, quality growth.
- People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
- Portfolio: To sustain and build a quality golfing and tennis experience to satisfy our member’s social and recreational desires and needs.
- Partners: Nurture a winning network of customers and suppliers, together we create mutual, enduring value.
- Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareowners while being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
- Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving organization.
- Our Winning Culture: Our Winning Culture defines the attitudes and behaviors that will be required of us to make our 2021 Vision a reality.
Live Our Values
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world.
- Leadership: The courage to shape a better future
- Collaboration: Leverage collective genius
- Integrity: Be real
- Accountability: If it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion: Committed in heart and mind
- Quality: What we do, we do well
Focus on the Market
- Focus on needs of membership and community
- Get out into the market and listen, observe and learn
- Focus on execution in the marketplace every day
- Be insatiably curious
- Act with urgency
- Remain responsive to change
- Have the courage to change course when needed
- Work efficiently
Act Like Owners
- Be accountable for our actions and inactions
- Steward system assets and focus on building value
- Reward our people for taking risks and finding better ways to solve problems
- Learn from our outcomes — what worked and what didn’t
- Inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun